Sunday, July 6, 2008

First Week

So now my first week is over. I got Friday off because of Independence Day. The first week was sort of an intro week. I spent the first day or two getting to know the company, the other employees, the lab, the rules, the equipment, and everything else there is to know. I spent some time in the lab, mainly doing practice assays to get used to the technique. I've done a few different types of assays, testing media for different products. It's a lot of pipetting work, which I'm getting better at. I still make some slight mistakes though. It's one of those things that comes with experience.

The company setting is actually very appealing. Pervasis is a small company, so it's a more casual and welcoming environment than a bigger company. I've met all of the employees, and I've become friendly with a good few of them. Everyone is friendly and helpful, especially considering that this is my first time working in a lab outside of school.

All in all, I've had a good first week, and I'm looking forward to an even better rest of the summer.

No comments: