Monday, July 21, 2008

Getting Stuff Done

I had a busy week this week. I've been doing several different assays, many of them modified from standard protocol because they are for a different project. I've been working with one of the guys who is working to expand the field of application for Pervasis's product. I've been helping him with his assays, and he will be gone for vacation next week so I will be doing some of his work. It's nice to get involved with one project now that things have settled down, it makes me feel more like I'm accomplishing good work.


In the way of individual projects, my cell line is doing well. I've kept them alive for a week, and on Friday I moved the cells from their flasks onto a matrix, where they will begin to develop into an advanced state. I will be following them for another few weeks until they are ready to be tested, then I will run them through tests to make sure they meet the criteria that is set for use in manufacturing.

All in all, a more eventful week. I'm getting more involved and more experienced, and the work is getting better for me.

No comments: